Hallmark Channel kicked 2019 off to a strong start with their Winterfest movies.
First up is Winter Castle starring Emilie Ullerup and Kevin McGarry! I had pretty high hopes for this movie because I just love Emilie Ullerup in Chesapeake Shores and I am just as excited to see Kevin McGarry in Hope Valley in February.
You will love Winter Castle if:
- You have always wanted to stay in a literal ice hotel. (Pst! The ice hotel is the real deal! You can check out Hotel de Glacé on Trip Advisor!)
- You love single dad movies and bonus points for this movie because Kevin McGarry is the best.
- You can relate to Jenny shooting out random facts at kind of random times. This girl needs to go on Jeopardy!
- You’ve always wanted to ride a slide made of ice.
- You can appreciate Jenny and Craig’s hashtag as #JennyCraig
- Making ice candy from legit maple syrup sounds like a great double date with your crush, his daughter, and his female “friend.”
- You can also relate to your sister, mom and/or best friend being nice to your crush or his “friend” to find out the scoop on their relationship status.
- Curling up in a sleigh ride sounds amazing.
- You’ve always wanted to get married in an ice castle or ice hotel.
You will not like Winter Castle if:
- You HATE being cold. You will shiver your socks off if you hate cold weather.
- You don’t like stories where “the other woman” is involved.
- You think that a wedding in an ice hotel is bonkers.
- You don’t understand why someone would not lock their doors to their hotel room.
- Or why someone would leave their laptop up for the world to see! (Hint: If you’re on a PC, ctrl+L locks your computer!)
While I thoroughly enjoyed Winter Castle, I had one problem with it. I just didn’t care for the fact that Craig leads Jenny on! I’m talking about the end, as they are standing on the balcony, freezing their you-know-what’s off, and Craig stops Jenny from kissing him because of What’s-her-face. I was SO mad. What’s worse is that in the end, What’s-her-face leaves, and Craig chooses Jenny! I just didn’t care for that. If he didn’t like What’s-her-face from the start, then he should have just said so! It just seemed too flighty for me. I’m going to have to say, while I really liked the cast, I didn’t love the storyline towards the end. I’ve got to say, this movie left me feeling a little icy at the end.
My Rating: 3 Stars