Well, Hello There!
My name is Kaycee and I’m an East coast girl, enjoying life in the Sunshine state. I have always loved words and creativity, which is why I’ve started blogging my Hallmark movies and tv series reviews. And honestly, it’s a fun, yet cheap, hobby! 😉 I overuse emjois like crazy– just check my Twitter posts. I love my coffee over ice. Tacos are a staple in my diet. I would love to learn calligraphy and digital water coloring (is that a thing?). When I’m not watching Hallmark, I’m watching Chip and Joanna or House Hunters. And outside of Hallmark, my favorite movies in the entire world are Anne of Green Gables and the Sound of Music.
A Hallmark Journey
I wasn’t always a Hallmark addict. Actually, I used to roll my eyes at the thought of the Hallmark movie brand just because I had always heard about how cheesy they all were. A friend introduced me to When Calls the Heart and I was immediately hooked. You can read the rest of the “long story” about how I became addicted to Hallmark here.
Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy other shows like Timeless, Friends, King of Queens, Hawaii Five-O, Lost, Gilmore Girls, The Crown, etc. The difference is that I can watch a show or movie on Hallmark and not feel bad that my toddler is kind of watching along with me. Despite how hokey or cheesy Hallmark movies and shows are, they all still give me all the feels and I do greatly appreciate the fact that it’s all good, clean fun for the whole family.
While I would love to be an official Hallmark rep, I’m not. All opinions are my own honest comments and reviews. I am not affiliated with Hallmark or Crown Media in any way. I’m just a huge fan!
Fun Hallmark Facts (About Yours Truly)
- This is a given, but my favorite Hallmark series is When Calls the Heart. Signed, Sealed, Delivered is a close (and I mean very close) second.
- Speaking of When Calls the Heart and Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I binge-watched the first two seasons of When Calls the Heart in two days, and Signed, Sealed, Delivered in three evenings. Don’t judge. I was on maternity leave during When Calls the Heart and watched Signed Sealed Delivered on a weekend.
- The first Hallmark movie I watched was Sarah, Plain and Tall. I didn’t like it– but I was also a little kid when I first watched it. I need to watch it again. And re-read the book.
- Willie LaHaye’s death (SPOILER ALERT) in the Love Comes Softly series scarred me for life. He didn’t die in the books!
- My favorite Hallmark Christmas movie in 2017 was With Love, Christmas. I just loved the whole “You’ve Got Mail” twist! And I love Emilie Ullerup.
- My favorite June Weddings movie of 2017 was The Perfect Bride. I adore Pascale Hutton and Kavan Smith! Their chemistry is on-point! (Go watch them in When Calls the Heart.) Hallmark needs to give them their own tv series, stat!
Work With Me
I would love to nerd out with any of my fellow Hallmarkies and would be open to doing any collabs. Contact me using the form below.
I do my best to live tweet during movie premieres. More than likely it’ll be during the West coast airing. Follow me! I’m @hallmarkmywords on Twitter!