I’m about to confess something that may get me in trouble, but I am not a huge fan of the Hallmark royal movie tropes. I just find it odd that no one thinks to Google or do background checks on the “royal” person. I also expect a lot of wit and laughter in royal movies (like in Princess Diaries or the Princess Switch), so when there’s really no comedy… well, I just lose interest.
A Winter Princess which starred Natalie Hall and Chris McNally was a cute movie and I had fun watching it!
You will love A Winter Princess if:
- You’re into the opening credits. Hallmark made the opening credits to A Winter Princess fancy.
- You’ve always wanted to see Chris McNally, Brendon Zub, AND Casey Manderson all in one movie.
- You’ve always wanted to hear Casey Manderson don a fancy accent.
- You have ever been curious what would happen if royalty were secretly in your midst.
- You like all the event planning parts storylines in Hallmark movies. (Let’s be honest… Hallmark movies throw a pretty grand “Snow Ball”)
- You relate to this quote: ”Cocoa makes every conversation better.”
- You enjoy cutesy banter.
- You have a thing for fancy dances.
You will not like A Winter Princess if:
- You cannot get over the “how did they not Google Princess Carly?”
- You are picky about royal accents.
- You’re really not into event planning, balls, or dances.
- You’re not into royal movies.
I can’t say this was my favorite Winterfest movie, I will say, it was better than I expected! I really enjoyed Natalie Hall and Chris McNally’s characters and I thought they had pretty decent chemistry. I also liked the fact that I could watch it with my three-year-old daughter who loves princess movies. She didn’t really get the whole storyline, but she absolutely loved the giant party at the end because she said Carly looked like Elsa from Frozen.
PS: All you Chris McNally fans— hold on to your horses, because Chris is headed to Hope Valley in February! YAY!
My Rating: 3.25 stars